Rosemary and Vanilla Sugar Shortbread

September 20, 2015

Some confessions:
1. My family and I like to stick to traditional recipes, particularly the good ol' shortbread (they dissapear faster than we like to admit)
and 2. I have always wondered why people put herbs in sweet recipes.
Yet here I am, writing to you about my recent adventures in the kitchen- and yes, I put herbs on shortbread. We'd had normal shortbread earlier this week, so I wanted to change things around a little. So after cutting out the shortbread shapes, I dipped them in sugar, and thought about the current series of the Great British Bake Off and questioned 'what would the bakers do?'
Rosemary seemed like the best option, and I can assure you they dissapeared just as fast as traditional shortbread in my house! Enjoy~
 250g plain flour, 75g caster sugar, 175g margarine, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, demerara sugar and dried rosemary to decorate.
Preheart the oven to 160C (150C fan assisted).
Stir together the flour and caster sugar then rub in the butter.
Mix in the vanilla extract and knead well to form a smooth dough.
Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out your shortbread shapes.
Pour some demerara sugar into a dish and roll the edges of each shortbread into the sugar.
Place on a baking tray, prick the centres with a fork then sprinkle with  rosemary and a little extra sugar .
post signature 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

All images and writing by Emma @ Life is Simple unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.