Bristol Fashion Week 2015: The Catwalk Show

October 07, 2015

Last week I had the opportunity to visit Bristol Fashion Week, held in the Mall Cribbs Causeway and presented by Denise Van Outen and Mark Heyes. With my blogger pass clipped on, I attempted to look as professional as possible, as this is the first big fashion event I've attended to photograph! It was all a little bit surreal- when we were lining up outside the show a couple of people asked to take my photo which was really flattering, but I couldn't help feeling a little camera shy (hence the wallflower bit of my blog name!).  I wore my maxi cardigan, burgundy hat and velvet skirt, green top, knee high socks and heeled boots- if you'd like to see what all the other bloggers were wearing as well, pop over to The Mall's Facebook page here to see the street style snaps.

On arrival we were greeted by a rainbow of mocktails, juices and popcorn at the bar, plus a little eye-candy display of The Great Gatsby style outfits to gaze at whilst we were waiting for the catwalk to begin. Classic tailoring, faux furs and black evening wear made plenty of appearances throughout the evening- brilliant for all of you vintage lovers out there!
Above: High Shine scene with fashions by John Lewis, accessories by Accessorize and designer sunglasses from Sunglass Hut.
Below is one of my favourite scenes called 'Nomadic' by Marks and Spencer. It'll come as no surprise that the 1970's bohemian style with a natural palette is big this season, so it's the perfect time to push your comfort zone and have fun with hats, gilets and blanket capes (which are super cosy as well as stylish so its a win-win).
Above: Just an Illusion with Fashion from Oasis and Menswear from River Island.
Next up was the 'Heritage Update' scene set in the style of The Devil Wears Prada. One thing that I really enjoyed about the whole show was the variety of sizes and ages of models, and with the exception of this scene, all of them were smiling and genuinely looked like they were enjoying themselves- big thumbs up from me, the models did a great job! Expect to see lots of plaid, monochrome and houndstooth hitting the high street this season.
Above: Heritage Update with fashions from New Look, Faux fur coat by Hobbs, Children's fashion from River Island and Sunglasses from Vision Express.
Anyone who knows me well will know I'm a complete magpie for sparkly things, so seeing the next dress from Phase Eight was just amazing- it was so elegant and shimmery it could easily have been from Elie Saab. The photo really doesn't do the dress  justice because when the lights got brighter it also had some bottle green and blue tones, which were completely beautiful.
Classic mens tailoring is a definite go-to this season, so there were lots of dapper styles on the catwalk, ranging from suits and ties to quilted coats, brogues and hats. Frank Sinatra would approve, and so do I!
Mens tailoring provided by Topman, Animal, River Island, Marks and Spencer, Austin Reed, Crew and Moss Bros.
I hope you've enjoyed my snippet of the catwalk and the new high street collections, which ones are your favourites?
post signature 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

All images and writing by Emma @ Life is Simple unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.