Autumn Sweet Potato Pasta Bake

November 12, 2016












Finally another recipe! It’s been a while since my last foodie post on here, because I’ve been settling into university so haven’t had time to bake and properly cook. However, a majority of my meals are cooked from scratch using fresh vegetables so I thought I’d start sharing easy, healthy and cheap meals I come up with whilst I’m here.
I don’t use scales so you’ll have to bear with my throw-together ingredients list, as a lot of my cooking is guesswork haha! If you’re at university too I hope you’ll find this useful though as you can use either handfuls or mugs rather than having to buy scales. A cookbook I’ve found useful is Vegetarian Nosh For Students as it also has simple recipes and uses a mug as a measure.

This recipe uses store cupboard ingredients paired with fresh sweet potato and kale. It’s an easy alternative to the usual tomato sauce, and will definitely become a favourite comfort food for winter! This recipe makes enough to generously serve two, and will keep for the following day to either reheat or eat cold for lunch.
Enjoy!


Ingredients

1 medium sweet potato, 3 handfuls of pasta, 1/2 an onion (chopped), handful of chopped kale, 1/2 mug of milk (I used soya milk), 1 tsp dried rosemary, 1 tsp mixed herbs, 1 handful of cheese or cheese alternative (optional)

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180 celcius.
2. Peel the sweet potato and cut into 2cm chunks. Boil on the hob with 3 handfuls of pasta for 10-15 minutes, until tender. 
3. Fry the onion and kale for 5 minutes until soft.
4. Mash the sweet potato with a fork, and add the onion, milk, kale and herbs. Stir in the pasta and put the mixture into an ovenproof dish. 
5. Top with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden and crispy.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

All images and writing by Emma @ Life is Simple unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.